Thursday, March 6, 2014

Research block

For the past two days I have had research block. Along the same lines as writers block which I seemed to catch also.

I did the rookie mistake when I started doing my family tree. I dived in full force into every branch all at once. Mine, my husbands, my ex-husbands (for my daughter some day) all are hanging around in research standstill.

But it is a good thing too sometimes. I get frustrated with one, I can jump to another. Until I hit a block on all of them. And I do a lot of research on ancestry.com. Do not get me wrong, I love the site, but the darn little shaking leaves are not as thrilling as the seem on TV.

Then I get days, sometimes weeks where the thought of researching anything is just downright annoying. And that is exactly where I am. I think maybe sometimes I feel I am not finding what I think I need too so I have to give it a break. And then the other problem I have, the organization of it all. Yikes! I am just learning to be organized as an adult and I expect myself to figure out this mess I have made! Ya right!

So that is it for this evening. My messy family research is on hold. Maybe after a family Birthday party I will be attending this weekend will hit the spark again, maybe not. Good thing it is not my job or I would of fired myself a long time ago!

~April~

No comments:

Post a Comment